Supercurricular

Wednesday 8 May 2024

Audience Research- Focus Group

Primary audience

Name: Hibbah

Age: 17

Psychometric: Explorer


. Within a music magazine, I would expect to see an artist’s top hits, alongside some personal backstory. This could be how they started as a musician, where they are now etc.

. I like the visuals within a music magazine- the overall ‘look’ and ‘vibe’ of a band is appealing. I also like how captivating some music magazines can be, as they cover diverse genres and bring a sense of community amongst the demographic that the magazine caters to.

. I dislike when music magazines have a lack of, or poor quality pictures. I also dislike when magazines are vague and cover a range of genres, as the content within the magazine is less informative, and doesn’t include specific details.

. Within a K-POP music magazine, I would expect artist profiles, news and updates, fashion coverage, behind the scenes content, and contests for readers to participate in.


Name: Owen

Age: 17

Psychometric: Explorer


. Within a music magazine, I would expect to see upcoming artists, music events, and relevant music-related articles.

. Within music magazines, I like seeing photos of artists, a cohesive house style, and a visually appealing colour palette.

. Within music magazines, I dislike a lack of space between pieces of information (e.g. big blocks of text).

. Within a k-pop music magazine, I would expect to see k-pop artists, information about new bands debuting, and opportunity for fan engagement, such as competitions.


Name: Gabriel

Age: 17

Psychometric: Reformer


. In a music magazine, I would expect to see genre having a heavy influence on aesthetics, such as a cohesive layout, colour palette choice, and artist’s outfits. I would also expect to see discussion from popular artists within the magazine’s genre.

. I like the visual aspects of music magazines.

. I dislike when music magazines have too much copy, and lack of artist imagery.

. Within a k-pop magazine, I would expect to see lots of photos of featured artists within the edition.


Name: Safa-Noor

Age: 17

Psychometric: Aspirer

. In a music magazine, I would expect to see articles about new artists and new albums, alongside information about upcoming events such as concerts, festivals etc.

. In music magazines, I like finding out about new music, and news about my favourite artists. 

. Within genre-specific music magazines, I dislike how editions consist of the same topics. 

. Within a k-pop magazine, I would expect to see information about new and upcoming groups, and new music.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Photoshoot 2: Contact Sheet